Monday, May 2, 2011

JEM Trail, Extreme Mountain Biking, Zion National Park

So we took a detour on our way to St. George for the Easter holiday and went mountain biking! I chose the trail, and good thing, because when I was scared out of my mind I had no one to blame but myself.  As you can see in the last picture, the end of the trail was on the edge of a cliff.  I was also freaking out when we got to the rocky part of the trail.  Who knew that mountain biking trails include one foot and a half drop offs down an entire hill of craggy rocks?  Not me.  Also we couldn't find the trail for awhile on this adventure, but despite all of the bad times, I really enjoyed myself.  I really love forcing myself to do activities that unsettle me so that I get out of my comfort zone (i.e. the comfort of an office chair I sit in for 40+ hours a week.  Brad also really loved this experience as well!  He had a blast laughing at my scaredy cat antics, and also zooming down the steepest hills.  In fact, he liked the fast downhill parts so much that he would ride back and do them several times :)  He also did the same thing with the shallow creek that we had to cross - we went across about 15 times I think!  Ha ha ha :) I think I have a budding EXTREME sports lover on my hands.  We both already want to do this trail again! We highly recommend it.  And we think we will be able to find the trail in its entirety next time :)



1 comment:

  1. Rachelle, even just looking at you in the last picture is making me nervous - get away from the edge!!!! I'm glad that you two are so adventurous.

    ReplyDelete