Monday, September 20, 2010

Anxiously Engaged

(Disclaimer: This post might be the cheesiest thing you have ever read. But I don't care.)
We are officially engaged! I am so excited! Twelve o'clock on December 18 cannot come soon enough! Oh my. This is the best thing that is ever happened to me in my entire life. Brad is a blessing straight from heaven made just for me. He is the sweetest man I know and my best friend. He is also ridiculously attractive :) I am so so so blessed. I have no idea how I got him, but he actually does know everything about me and loves me a ton anyway. I am totally marrying up.

Brad proposed yesterday by taking me on a picnic. As some of you who know him may be surprised to hear, he sang me a song that we both love about getting married, and that is when I knew he was proposing. I of course started crying. He made me cry harder while he talked about how he decided to marry me because it was so sweet, and then he got down on his knee and I laughed a little because we both knew what I was going to say. If I hadn't been crying I think I would have shouted the word yes instead of just saying it :)

The next surprise was that both of our families were waiting at his house to celebrate and have lunch together. It was so much fun having them all (well not really all, but some) in the same happy room! I love Brad's family and I love my family and the combination was great! I am glad that they got to meet.

Best day of my life thus far. And my favorite part is that the best is yet to come :)

I love Brad so much and am so excited to be with him all the time! I hope that everyone can come to the reception so that you all can meet him!

Right after he proposed (it is hard to take pictures of yourself with such a chunky camera!)

My new second favorite thing

3 comments:

  1. I am officially the first one to follow our family blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You guys didn't tell me that you have a blog already! Awesome!!! I will be a loyal follower for the many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We found your blog today. You aren't wasting any time getting your family going. We are also glad that the name "B.RAD" has stuck. We think it is perfect and we also claim responsibility for it. We are excited that you both are in love. Mom and I think that it only gets better. Let it flow!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete