Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wedding Day

In my last post, I didn't mention anything about the actual events of getting married but such amazing events cannot go without mention.

December 18, 2010
The day we got married started out in a rush of course.  I got my hair done at a salon, and it took longer than I planned.  I also didn't plan on Brad coming over beforehand, but of course I sat and cuddled with him instead of getting ready, so by the time my hair appointment had ended, I had little time to do anything else but change and finish my make-up in the car on the way.  I also forgot like a bajillion things that I would need that day.  My mind was not focusing very well on mundane things like face powder and deodorant.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I will admit to whoever reads this that I forgot it until after the temple!  So embarrassing.

But the temple ceremony was amazing anyway!  I am so glad that it all went smoothly and that I said "Yes" at the right time!  It was a close one, I was so overwhelmed, I could barely make myself hear what the dear sealer was saying, I was very busy looking into Brad's eyes and feeling in awe of the fact that I was, at that moment getting married for time and all eternity.  But I did fine, and it was beautiful.  I cried with happiness after.

Seeing everyone outside of the temple was such a happy moment!  My family and friends were troopers in the sprinkling/misting rain that was coming down.  We took group photos only, except for two of just Brad and I (thank goodness we did a huge photo session a month before when the weather was better).  We forgot to have someone pick up everyone's bouquet, but on your wedding day things like that just don't even matter.  Everything was still lovely.

The luncheon was so so yummy, and my Dad cried a lot at the slide show of pictures of Brad and myself growing up and dating, and our bridal photos...  And then I cried, and then there were toasts, and I cried more, and then,

The reception.  Brad and I were both pretty tired from all of our emotions and the events of the day before the party even started.  It went by in a blur.  We didn't have a line, and it worked out great.  We still talked to pretty much everyone there.  After the cake cutting our families pretty much turned it into a dance party, which was pretty much my dream come true!

We left in a shower of sparklers, which we ran through four times for the camera. :) Our car was very well decorated (thank you to whoever did that), surprisingly it was at the moment that we were driving away and everyone was shouting and waving goodbyes and we love you's that I recognized how very wonderful it is to have so many people supporting you in your decision to marry.

Thank you to everyone who came and to everyone who helped.  Brad and I love you all.  It was the best day of our lives!

*I will add pictures as soon as they are done getting edited!

1 comment:

  1. Daddy, I met a man in Rome, and he's wonderful, and brilliant, and amazing and we're getting maaaried.

    ReplyDelete