Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lincoln Doxey Plowman & our Kansas City trip

We went to Kansas last weekend to visit my new nephew and his awesome parents. We bought plane tickets to visit before we got pregnant, but the trip was extra awesome because we were able to learn a bit about how to take care of a baby and what we is in store for us in 5 1/2 months.  It was so much fun!  And it seriously is just almost unbelievable how cute Lincoln is.  I am in love with him!  And he absolutely melted Brad's heart.  The unfortunate thing though is that he was so cute, we were holding him and cooing over him so much that we didn't take very many pictures of him.  But I will post what I have. 

Look at how happy both of these guys look! And Lincoln is just so tiny!  And when he is asleep he looks so perfect I thought he looked like a little doll. I love this picture! And I am so excited for our little baby to come! Baby hunger is never worse than when you are already pregnant and you get to hang out with a newborn. It is so exciting but difficult to have patience to wait for your own baby to come!
As new babies should, Lincoln slept a lot.  I was lucky enough to always get to sit next to him in the car while he did while we were driving places.  He was such a perfect little angel! I did a lot of staring at this guy over the course of the weekend.


So we did try to do a few things other than hang out at home with Lincoln and Jessica and Scooter.  We would have been fine with just doing that because it was so much fun, but I think Jessica wanted to get out a little since she has gone out very little since Lincoln was born.  The first night we went to Jack Stack's an amazing BBQ place downtown.  It was SO good!  The next night Brad and I went to the Sprint Center which included the College Basketball Hall of Fame. There was very little "Hall of Fame" and lots of activities to do there.
Brad never looks short, but the guy in the picture is huge!  He can't be life-size.

Maybe I can count this as my 15 and a 1/2 week picture.  The stripes on my shirt do a pretty good job of showing off my growing baby bump.  It has gotten a lot bigger since my last picture. We are excited about that! At my last doctor's appointment I was told that everything is growing well and measuring on-track.
This makes our feet look so small! The footprint my foot is in is supposedly the size of Shaq's.  Crazy!

Brad has a much more appropriate expression on his face than I do in this picture :) The rest of the time at this museum, we played basketball till my arms got sore.  They had various heights of hoops that you could practice dunking on, passing drills you could do, free-throw timed competitions, and 3 point drills as well.  It was fun and way more of a workout than I expected.  And Brad loved it of course.

On Sunday we visited Church history sites that are in the area.  The photo on the left is the visitor's center at Independence MO.  I took the picture on the right because in the very background across the street is a site that Joseph Smith dedicated for a temple.  Our church doesn't currently own the land that it is on though, so a temple isn't going to be constructed there any time soon.

Across the street from the Independence visitor's center is the headquarters of what used to be the RLDS church (now the Community of Christ since they denounced the Book of Mormon to become more mainstream Christians).  It looks like a fancy metal ice cream cone to me.  They are the ones that own the land that a temple will someday be built on.  I will be interested to know how that miracle occurs.

This is the visitor's center for Liberty Jail. There is a replica (left) inside the rotunda (right) that is actually pretty cool.  I didn't know that they were in such a good prison, i.e. thick walls, guard upstairs locked in with them, layer of smaller rocks to block the hole if they drilled through the wood etc.  I also learned that they made multiple escape attempts.  This was such a fun trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment