Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pregnancy Update

December 8th is going to be the 2nd best day of our lives!! We have an ultrasound appointment scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on 12/08/2011.  This will be awesome for so many reasons. Obviously because we will get to see our baby for the first time, find out the gender, and get pictures of the baby to take home.  But also it will mark the halfway point of the pregnancy, and mean that our little munchkin will be here in just a little over 4 months!  And one of the other awesome reasons I am looking forward to this day is because by that time it is almost guaranteed that I will be feeling the baby move.

Speaking of the baby moving, I think that might already be happening a teeny bit.  But I am not sure.  I do know that I feel very light "fluttering" movement where the baby is sometimes.  If it really is the baby, that is amazing! I just feel bad that it will be a little while before Brad will be able to feel any movements that are happening as well.

It is a little crazy that the halfway point of my pregnancy is so close to our 1st anniversary.  It feels like we have been married longer than a year in a good way, but also it is so surprising that we have been married this long.  A year came up so fast!

So once I find out the gender of our little bell pepper (that is the current size of the baby) all the fun decorating and shopping can commence.  I am so excited! I'm not going to go crazy, but I am already feeling the nesting itch.  I want to clean out our spare bedroom and spare closet and sell furniture we don't need on ksl so we can make room for the baby's things!  We are selling a desk and a set of dressers, and possibly a book case.

So a few other notes on how things are going...
Cravings: mandarin oranges, I still eat a bagel and cream cheese almost every morning at work, and I love Zupas.  I like fast food less and less.  Also I can't eat the same thing (leftovers) as often as I used to.
Weight gain:  a girl can keep certain numbers to herself don't you think?
New symptoms: a bloody nose and a bigger pooch

Last thing - I am SO excited for Thanksgiving!! Yay for a break from work and being with my whole family all while eating tons and starting the Holiday season off.  So excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment