Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy 5 Months Avery!

It has been such a happy 5 months.  I love being a stay-at-home mom!  It is a blast.  And I can't believe that 5 months has passed already.

Avery is the best.  She is rolling over very consistently (back to front, to the right mostly) and loves tummy time, she loves to stand up (with assistance obviously), she LOVES to roughhouse with her dad (the scarier the better in her opinion - I freak out), she has enjoyed licking new foods, she enjoys playing with her feet but hasn't started sucking them yet and she will hold her legs up to her chest when we are changing her diaper, she is sitting for long periods of time in her bumbo (and can sit for a little bit on the floor by herself), she squeals with delight, she loves to put her blankets in her mouth and suck on them, and lately she has been wanting to hold my hand while she nurses.  And she sucks her various fingers, but not all the time.  She is adorable.  My other favorite thing that she does lately is when she is sitting on my lap, she will throw her head back and kind of to the side so she can see my face.  And she smiles at me when she does.  Its one of the most precious things I have ever seen!

Recently we have gotten her sleeping issues more under control.  I have to keep her on a strict schedule because she is totally incapable of regulating things herself.  When I stick to her schedule, her sleeping goes a lot better.  It is hard to wake her up from her naps before she wakes up on her own, but it helps so much.  She is a happier baby and I am a better mom when she is not waking up every hour during the night.  And she is getting more skilled at falling asleep.  Last night she fell asleep while simply laying in her daddy's arms for the first time since she was a newborn.  And we are able to rock her back to sleep when she wakes up before mid-night.  Major progress!  The difficulties of getting Avery to sleep definitely keep me on my toes.

But Avery is a peach, and is growing up so great.  Happy 5 months baby!


3 comments:

  1. I love reading about you and your cute family! and I'm glad you're getting a bit more sleep these days--waking up every hour does not sound ideal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that little one and can't wait to see her being her alert self at Christmas. I also really love hearing your feelings about being a mom. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh sleep stuff is the worst!! danny just got hired full time and so my first day as a SAHM was oct 1. i get to undo everything daycare did!!! like feeding him his bottle to sleep, and letting him nap only 20 minutes in 8 hours. yes. for real that happened. i just read healthy sleep habits happy child and that helped me get up the courage to do more sleep training. we did babywise while i was on maternity leave but it all got messed up when i went back to work. what are you using to figure our her schedule? just watching her or did you read something?

    ReplyDelete