Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Whole Grains

Brad and I love the cooking show on BYUtv "Chef Brad's Fusion Grain Cooking".  The premise is to add whole grains to everything you make.  The food looks delicious, and Chef Brad is hilarious.  He says "Oh my goodness" every other sentence and bounces up and down on the balls of his feet sometimes because he gets so excited about the food he is making.  Oh my goodness it is funny.

But he has actually convinced me to start trying out various grains in my cooking.  I started tonight with a recipe from "The America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook", Butternut Squash and Barley Risotto.  Sounds so fancy!  It was good, I think Brad and I both approved of the recipe, although it was very time consuming to make.  My next task in this grain quest is to actually step foot in a health foods store to get the real whole grain-y things.  Who knows, if this goes well, I might even buy a pressure cooker some day to speed up the process!

1 comment:

  1. If you find some good recipes you'll have to share them. I'm always looking for something new to make.

    ReplyDelete