Monday, January 7, 2013

Jane Eyre: Where have you been all my life?

I will tell you where Jane Eyre has been all my life - right in front of my face. And i just simply didn't read it. Now that I have read it I realize what a true tragedy this is. I could have been in love with this book my whole life! Oh, the wasted years.

As soon as I finished reading the book I decided I had to see the movie. Because the most recent (and best from what I hear) film will not be available to me until February 1st, I made do with the 1996 version. It was not up to snuff in my opinion. I enjoyed it a little, but I have high hopes for the other one.

I will say give one more piece of eveidence that I really loved this book before I finish blabbering.  As I have probably mentioned before on this blog before, I get really caught up when reading a good book. I have been known to stay up almost all night. Well Jane Eyre was so absorbing I literally made myself sick by forgetting to eat while I was reading all day. Whoops. I really get way too involved in good books. But seriously, it was so good that I don't know how I could have prevented myself from being so obsessed!  I already have already started reading it again. Well at least my favorite parts.

As a side note, I read it on my phone for free! There are tons of free classic books available through the kindle app.  It is really nice.  I recommend trying it if you haven't yet.

4 comments:

  1. Ok girl, join the club. I'm not only obsessed with Jane eyre but anything BBC masterpiece related. I'm really into great expectations right now. I have Jane eyre 4 hour version from year 2004. It is amazing!!!! Watch it you will love it. Ive see pretty much every version of Jane eyre and I think its my favorite. You can't beat 4 hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your talking about the one with Toby Stephens, I totally agree. It's the best.

      Delete
  2. Great book! One of my favorites.
    The BBC 2006 With Toby Stephens is my favorite. It's the best! (I think that is the one your friend Lorina is referring to.) Do you know Jane Eyre have been made made into film least 20 times, probably more. I also really love the one from the 80's with Timothy Dalton. I think partially because I remember watching it when I was younger. Sentimental value adds a lot. :)
    The one you're waiting for, is that one with Michael Fassbender? It was beautiful, but.... I will save my opinions about it until you have seen it. Then we can chat. For now, let's just say I wanted it to be my favorite, but the BBC miniseries from 2006 still does it for me.
    I hope you find other books you love as much. But, Jane Eyre is hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well! Guess what you remind me of? You remind me of time when I read the book. Jane Eyre, no doubt, is very absorbing like you said.
    Oh! And you were right about the free kindle, I saw it on a few website, but I prefer the physical version - got one at book fair.
    If you enjoyed Jane Eyre, you might like Gemma Hardy as well. Give it a read, you might probably end up falling in love with another book! :D

    ReplyDelete